A Once In A Lifetime Bhutan Yoga Retreat Adventure
A Bhutan yoga adventure tour is an experience full of wonders and charms, an adventure that will inspire and enrich you for years to come.
Bhutan culture is preserved by issuing only a limited number of tourist visas each year, so they are able to welcome visitors sustainably, preserving its endemic and natural beauty. In this world apart, you’ll discover a moving feast of culture, nature, and infectious local smiles. It’s an ideal destination for personal enrichment – and for deepening your yoga practice.
Your Bhutan yoga retreat will weave together the best of the country’s culture and nature. Explore ancient fortresses and temples, where you’ll mingle with monks and hang prayer flags. Bhutan hiking, Bhutan culture and Bhutan nature are all at your fingertips as you ride rapids, explore mountain trails and discover this fascinating country.
Set aside your stresses and bring your sense of wonderment and humor to this awe-inspiring place they call the Land of the Thunder Dragon. Your Bhutan adventure will take you alongside welcoming locals who measure their life and success by Gross National Happiness; not a bad way to find a little peaceful bliss of your own.
Join Janet Corvino for a 10 day yoga adventure to Bhutan. The “Loving Kindness Retreat” will embrace the basic teachings of the Bhutan culture through the daily practice of yoga. Each day, you will experience either a yoga practice to unwind tight muscles from travel or restorative sessions to center the spirit after excursions. The retreat will tap into the GNH (Gross National Happiness) philosophy of Bhutan’s collective happiness through exploration of the simple meditation practice of “Loving Kindness” to deepen your understanding of self and others around you. Janet teaches all levels and provides modification and variations as needed. You will find Janet generous with her support and deeply devoted to her students.
Our first nights in Bhutan grant you stunning panoramic views and a blend of natural beauty and modern comforts. Soak up the local Bhutanese artwork, the organic garden and the artful architecture of your own room, designed to enhance the sunlight and wonder of the natural scenery just outside your door.
From the river, we head to the forest and gorgeous views of the Punakha Valley below. Contemporary design melds perfectly with cultural aesthetics from the quiet of reception to the simple luxury of the rooms with their individual meditation-inspiring balconies.
Bhutanese art and culture are felt in the colors and woodwork of the awe-inspiring reception hall and in the subtle accents in each room of this 5-star, wholly Bhutanese owned, boutique hotel. Spacious rooms, all with sitting areas and balconies, include the modern comforts of wifi and heated floors for a luxury in-room experience. The hotel boasts a temple, built from the 450-year-old timber of the Gangtey Monastery, on the second floor and an outdoor Meditation and Tea House to complete the beauty out-of-doors. Noted as one of National Geographic’s Unique Lodges of the World, your stay is a stunning way to end your time in Bhutan.
- Ten days in-country with an expert local English speaking guide
- Bhutan visa and permit management
- Round trip flight from Bangkok to Bhutan
- Breakfast each morning at our hotels
- All lunches including local eateries and picnic(s)
- All dinners in a local restaurant or at our hotels
- Morning and evening yoga on most days (please see the full itinerary for yoga schedule)
- Three nights luxury boutique hotel in Thimphu
- Three nights luxury boutique hotel in Punakha
- Three nights luxury boutique hotel in Paro
- Full day excursion and hike to the iconic Tiger’s Nest Monastery
- White water rafting on the Mo Chu River
- Nature encounter with Bhutan’s national animal, the takin, at the Motithang Takin Preserve
- Hike to the Cheri Goempa Monastery
- Visit with Buddhist monks and individual blessing (if desired)
- Opportunity to hang your own prayer flag
- Explore Pangri Zampa Monastery
- Up close and personal with one of the worlds largest Buddha statue – the Buddha Dodernma
- Explore Chimi Lhakhang – the temple of the “Divine Madman”
- Drive through and time to explore the Chelala Pass’s vibrant flora and views of Mt. Jomolhari
- Day trip to Haa
- Visit to Lhakhang Karpo (the White Temple) and Lhakhang Narpo (the Black Chapel)
- All entry fees for the above sights and additional activities as listed on the itinerary
What’s Not Included:
- Flights to Bangkok, Thailand (BKK)
- Any video or still camera fees assessed by the monuments or places of interest
- Gratuities (for your Bhutanese guide – all other gratuities are covered)
- Items of a personal nature (phone calls, souvenirs, spa services, etc)
- Travel Insurance (required)
Yoga Retreat Adventure Duration: 10 Days / 9 Nights • Starting at $6995US per person
Concerns/Questions about the Yoga?: email@example.com
Questions about the trip’s logistics and details? firstname.lastname@example.org